So why do you need to perform a medication reconciliation?
Let's review the importance of this:
• It allows you to know if you have the correct patient in front of you.
• It is important for triage management.
• It allows the doctor to evaluate if anything they are currently taking may be causing symptoms and reviewing if the patient has any allergies to any medications.
• It also allows the doctor to check for drug interactions with anything they are currently taking and to know if there are any adverse reactions.
• If a patient has been unsuccessful in treatment, has it been due to noncompliance?
• It can also allow the doctor the opportunity to discuss goals and expectations for treatment.